I scream, you scream, we all scream for...chocolate ice cream.
That's the No. 1 favorite flavor of ice cream, according to a Harris Poll that surveyed 2,183 U.S. adults in which 28 percent said chocolate is their fave.
Coming in right behind chocolate are vanilla and cookie dough/cookies and cream.
The top 10 favorite flavors of ice cream:
3. Cookie dough/cookies and cream
4. Butter pecan and Swiss almond (tie)
6. Mint chocolate chip
8. Rocky road
10. Peanut butter
Fun facts to know and tell:
- 44 percent like to eat their ice cream in a cup, compared with 30 percent who prefer a cone, 16 percent who like it in a sundae and 2 percent who choose an ice cream sandwich.
- When it comes to favorite toppings, 52 percent of those who eat ice cream choose hot fudge, while 38 percent want nuts and caramel and 36 percent prefer whipped cream.
- Other favorite toppings include fruit, such as strawberries or bananas (31 percent), sprinkles (19 percent), candy bits (15 percent) and marshmallow (11 percent).
- One in five U.S. adults are purists and prefer to eat their ice cream plain.
- 3 percent say they don't eat ice cream!
--From the Editors at Netscape