Maybe it's not just an old saying. You really can wake up on the wrong side of the bed!
Specifically, people who sleep on the left side of the bed tend to be more cheerful than those who sleep on the right side of the bed, according to a study of 3,000 adults sponsored by the British hotel chain Premier Inn.
The study found that those who sleep on the left side are not only more cheerful, but also more positive and capable of tackling heavy workloads and a stressful day ahead. Those who sleep on the right side of the bed are less likely to wake up in a good mood.
More fun facts to know and tell:
- Over a quarter of those who snooze on the left side of the bed feel they have a really positive outlook on life in general, compared with 18 percent of right-side sleepers.
- More than half of those surveyed refuse to swap sides of the bed.
- More than 75 percent admitted it would feel really strange to sleep on the other side of the bed.
- 25 percent said sleeping on the other side of the bed would definitely affect their mood the next day.
- 23 percent are convinced there is a wrong side of the bed.
--From the Editors at Netscape