When someone makes you so angry you simply must respond with an insult, do not swear.
People who swear not only show how uncouth and impolite they are, but also display their limited vocabulary.
When you insult people using words they have to look up in the dictionary, you can rise above the fray with great satisfaction, while showing off your advanced intelligence.
You will leave them red-faced and flummoxed, thinking, "WHAT did he just call me?"
An example, you say? Instead of calling someone "a pain in the a**," call them a coccydynia. It means exactly the same thing.
Quizlet.com has helpfully provided 10 such words. You'll beef up your vocabulary and be able to get the last word in with an air of mystery and bedevilment.
Forthwith, here are 10 insulting words you should know:
1. Bescumber: to spray with poo
2. Buncombe: a ludicrously false statement that means bulls*** or nonsense.
3. Cacafuego: a swaggering braggart or boaster
4. Coccydynia: a pain in the butt
5. Corpulent: very fat
6. Feist or Fice: a person of little worth or someone with a bad temper
7. Frenchify: to contract a venereal disease
8. Hircismus: offensive armpit odor
9. Microphallus: an unusually small penis
10. Ninnyhammer: a fool or a silly person
--From the Editors at Netscape